Operational Requirements For A Society
An annual list of members of the management committee shall be filed to Registrar of society within 30 days of the AGM. However if no AGM is held for any reason as per society Registration Act 1860, section whatsoever, than an annual list of members of the managing Committee as on 31st December each year shall be submitted to the office of the Registrar of societies. Non submission of the list attracts a financial liability of Rs.50/- for the list of each year
Once in every year a list of the office bearers and members of the Governing Body shall be filled with the Register of Societies, N.C.T of Delhi as required under Section 4 of The Societies Registration Act 1860 and applicable to the National Territory of Delhi.
A : Governing Body Meetings
There shall be minimum four meetings of the Governing Body each calendar year, i.e. one meeting in every three calendar months.
B : Annual General Meetings
There shall be minimum one Annual General Meeting (AGM) of all the Members of the Society every year.
The AGM can be held at any time between April 1 to December 31 after the end of the financial year each year.
• 1 - Adoption of Annual Accounts.
• 2 - Admission/Resignation/ other matters of the members of the society.
• 3 - Investment of funds of the society.
• 4 - IAppointment of the members of Governing Body on every expiry of its tenure
C : Extra Ordinary Annual General Meetings
For any urgent or emergent matter like Admission/Resignation/Death of the Member / Change of Name/change of address /change of objectives /change of Rules & Regulation or any other major issue of the society.
Notice & Quorum
A Governing Body Notice
Minimum 10 days clear notice or as per Rules & Regulation of the society and the quorum shall be 1/3rd members of the Governing Body or as per Rules & Regulation.
B :Annual General Meetings
Minimum 21 days clear notice or as per Rules & Regulation of the society and the quorum shall be 3/5th members of the General Body or as per Rules & Regulation.
C :Extra Ordinary Annual General Meetings
Minimum 10 days clear notice or as per Rules & Regulation of the society and the quorum shall be 3/5th members of the Governing Body or as per Rules & Regulation.
Register Of Members
The Society shall maintain at its registered office a register or its members and shall enter therein the following particulars:
• 1 - IThe names & addresses of the members.
• 2 - IThe date on which the member was admitted.
• 3 - IThe date on which a member ceased to be a member.
• 4 - IParticulars of Admission fees received.
• 5 - IParticulars of Annual Subscription received.
• 6 - IAny other information required from time to time.
The General Body in its meeting shall elect all the office bearers after Five years or as per Rules & Regulation of the society by show or by secret ballot papers as required. The Quorum of the General Body shall be 2/3rd members of the Governing Body present or as per Rules & Regulation of the society.
Admission To Membership Of The Society:
A member shall fill the membership form to become a member of the society. The Membership shall be initially dealt with in 2 meetings of the Management Committee, One accepting it and the second confirming it, all the members of the society added/left during the year are to be discussed in the AGM also. A Register of member of the society has also to be maintained.
The financial year of the Society shall start from the 1st day of April and end on the 31st day of March in the following year.
The accounts of the Society shall be audited at least once in a year by a qualified firm of Chartered Accountant appointed by the Governing Body.
Any amendment in the Memorandum of Association and rules and regulation will be carried out in accordance with the section 12 & 12A of the Societies of Registration Act, 1860, as applicable to the National Capital Territory of Delhi.
Documents for amendments
• Amended Copy of MOA & R.R of the Society in duplicate.
• Copies of Special Resolution in duplicate (General Body).
• Copies of Notice in duplicate.
• Copies of Minute of Society Governing Body).
• List of Governing Body. f. Copy of Comparative List of Amendment.
• Copy of Election proceedings with Notice. h. Proof of Notice received.
• Copies of application form for new membership.
• Copies of resignation letter. k. Annual List of Governing Body (Sec.4).
• N.O.C. from owner of the new registered office of the Society.
• Ownership proof of new registered office of the Society. n. 'No Dispute' affidavit from President.